MrWordy :: Mac OS X
MrWordy is tool to aid players of Scrabble, Scrabulous, WordScraper, Boggle, Countdown, and many other word-based games and puzzles. MrWordy can very quickly solve anagrams, find words with wildcards and will find words made from a jumble of up to 15 letters.
Mode: Find (Validate)
Select "Find" from the mode selector on the Settings page.
This mode checks the validity of the word you've entered. It can be used for all manner of word games; board and internet based. Think of this mode as a word game "referee".
Select "Crossword" from the mode selector on the Settings page. Solve crossword-style clues. Use a full stop ".", question mark "?" or space to represent a missing letter.
Select "Advanced" from the mode selector on the Settings page. This mode finds all words matching a specific pattern, this can be formed in many ways;
- ING will find all words that contain the letters ING (in that order) at any location.
- .ING will find all four letters words that end in ING.
- B.T will find all three letter words that start with B and end with T.
- @ING will find all words that end in ING.
- T@ING will find all words that start with T and end in ING.
- FISH@ will find all words that start with FISH.
- T.P@ will find all words that start with a T and have a P as the third letter.
The . represents a single letter, the @ represents one or more letters. Preceed a letter with a space to find only words starting with that letter. Preceed a letter with a $ to find only words ending in that letter.
There are options on the Settings page that allow the results from the Match mode to be customised. These option allow for only words of a specific size (or range of sizes) and game score.
Select "Scrabble" from the mode selector on the Settings page. Finds words that can be made from a specified set of letters. Each letter will only be used once. Ideal for most word games and puzzles.
- HAT would find; AH AT HA HAT TA
Preceed a letter with a space to find only words starting with that letter. Preceed a letter with a $ to find only words ending in that letter.
Select "Anagram" from the mode selector on the Settings page. Finds anagrams of word or a specified set of letters. Each letter will only be used once.
- NOOPS would find; NOOPS, POONS, SNOOP and SPOON
Comes with the official tournament Scrabble dictionary; SOWPODS, ENABLE, Unabridged dictionary, ODS5 (the French Scrabble dictionary), TWL06 (North American tournament Scrabble dictionary) and Zingarelli2005 (Italian dictionary).
- Search using wildcards (. or @)
- Find words from a jumble of letters that start with or end with a specific letter
- Fast searching
- Solve anagrams
- Show Scrabble(R) (via "Other" mode), Literati or Boggle scores for each word
< downlaod here >
Maximum Octopus is dedicated to the art of software development. Whether it's the development of a custom application, mobile app, or providing testing/QA feedback on an in-development project - we can do it, and we can do it to a very high standard.Please get in touch and let us know your development requirements!
Latest newsMay 13th, 2016
Maximum Octopus proud to announce takeover of the Drop the Chicken franchise.April 14th, 2016 April 13th, 2016
New website now live!March 30th, 2016
A new update to the LED Matrix Studio uploaded. Version 0.8.7 fixes a couple of minor bugs